- Get Started
- Patient Channel
- Patient Facesheet
- Collaborative Inbox
- Lines & Resources Requests
- Lines, Events, Resources
- Platform Settings and Configuration
- Users and Groups
- SMS Basics
- Troubleshooting and FAQ
- Conversation Builder
- Release Notes
- Technical Specifications
Table of ContentsAdding Holiday HoursHow does the automatic Automation rescheduling work?Which holiday will be respected if there is an overlap?What if one of my Practices is open during the holiday, but the rest of the Enterprise is closed?How do After-Hours Auto-Responses and Holiday Auto Responses work?What if I want Automations to be sent during the holiday?After a holiday passes, will it be removed from the Holiday Hours page?
Enterprise and Practice Holiday Hours allow you to send a special Holiday Out of Office Message and automatically reschedule Automations to deliver before or after the Holiday. Line Holiday Hours cannot automatically reschedule Automations.
This article focuses on Practice and Enterprise Holiday Hours, click here to learn about configuring Line Holiday Hours.
adding holiday hours
The process for adding Holiday Hours is the same at the Enterprise and Practice-levels. We will review how to configure Holiday Hours at the Practice-level for these instructions:
- In your Artera Production environment, select the correct Practice.
- Navigate to Settings > Practice Settings > Practice Holiday Hours (or Settings > Enterprise Settings > Enterprise Holiday Hours).
The Practice Holiday Management Page displays all existing Holiday Hours in chronological order for the Practice and the Enterprise. This helps prevent the creation of duplicate Holidays.
- Click + Add New Holiday.
Enter in the Holiday Name, Start and End Date, Start and End Time, and the Holiday Out of Office Message. Add Translations, as needed.
Indicate if this is a Recurring holiday. This is helpful for Holidays that occur on the same date every year (i.e. Christmas on 12/25). Click Save.
Holiday Hours FAQs
The following information only applies to Practice and Enterprise Holiday Hours, Line Holiday Hours do not reschedule Automations.
If a scheduled Automation is due to go out on a holiday, it will be pushed to prior or post-holiday, depending on how the automation is configured.
If the automation is set to send before a given event, the message will send before the holiday period.
- Example: A patient has an appointment on December 26th. The Automation is configured to send 1 day before the appointment. Normally, this would send on December 25th, except that day has been set up as a holiday. So, the automated reminder will send on December 24th.
If the automation is set to send after a given event, it will send after the holiday period only if the Automation's 'Send only on Business Days' toggle is off.
- Example: A patient had an appointment on December 24th. The Automation is configured to send 1 day after the appointment. Normally, this would send on December 25th, except that day has been set up as a holiday. So, the automated reminder will send on December 26th.
- NOTE: If the Automation's 'Send only on Business Days' toggle is enabled, then the automated reminder will send to the patient on the last business day prior to the holiday.
NOTE: This behavior applies across all Automation modules.
The system will respect overlapping Holidays in this order: Line, Practice, Enterprise. Let's review an example:
- You have created an Enterprise Holiday for New Years Day: 1/1/2024.
- One of the Practices, Pediatrics, wants to send a special Holiday Out of Office Message instead of the one set at the Enterprise-level.
- To accomplish this, a user in this Practice must create a new Practice Holiday for the same time with their special Holiday Out of Office Message.
- On 1/1/2024, any patient who messages into the Pediatrics Practice will receive the special Practice-level Pediatrics message while any patient who messages into the Dermatology Practice will receive the generic Enterprise Holiday Out of Office Message.
For this scenario, we recommend setting up an Enterprise Holiday for the duration of the closure. Then, for specific Practices (or Lines) that are opening during the Holiday, you can add a Holiday and toggle the My Practice is open on this holiday field to Yes. As discussed above, Artera will respect the most specific level of granularity when it comes to Holiday Hours.
During the Holiday, Artera will only send the Holiday Out of Office Message during the time period specified. No After-Hours Auto-Responses will go out until after the Holiday period has lapsed.
If you want Automations to send on the Holiday, we recommend not setting up a Holiday. Instead, update your Practice Hours and the After-Hours Auto-Response to a holiday message.
- In the Practice Settings menu, open Practice Settings.
- Set your Open Time to 1:00 AM and Close Time to 1:01 AM.
- Feel free to change your After-Hours Auto-Response to incorporate a holiday greeting.
- On the next open business day, remember to update your Practice Hours first thing in the morning; otherwise, patients will continue to receive your After-Hours Auto-Response when they message into the Practice.
After a holiday passes, will it be removed from the Holiday Hours page?
Yes, once a holiday created at the Enterprise, Practice, or Line level has passed, it will be removed from the the associated Holiday Hours page. This behavior excludes recurring holidays.